1.Course“Russian Culture in Business Context”(4 contact hours)
Associate professor Burukina Olga
· Russian Culture: General Overview
- Geographical aspects
- Ethnic & religious aspects
- Historical aspects
- Political aspects
- Social aspects
· Russian Cultural Heritage
- A variety of national cultures
- Russian culture at large (Russian arts, handicrafts)
- Contributions of Russian culture to the world culture
- Russian system of education and science (Russian Nobel prize winners)
- Russian cuisine, Russian eating and drinking habits
· Russian Mentality and Psychology
- Russian and other languages of Russia
- The Russian society of today: social stratification
- Russian public values
- Russian mentality: updated characteristics
- General characteristics of contemporary Russians (basic character types)
· Russian Business Traditions: Built-in and Newly Established
- Foreign stereotypes and clichés of Russia and Russians
- Russian moral values and norms of behaviour
- Domestic and foreign partnerships and joint ventures
- Cross-cultural communication and international projects
- Business à la russe: An insight
2.Course “Economic Context of Doing Business in Russia” (4 contact hours)
Professor Skopin Alexei
Macroeconomic trends (economic growth, inflation, unemployment, export, import, Rouble exchange rate, investments)
· Mesoeconomic situation (by economic sectors: oil & gas, metallurgy, engineering industry, construction, light industry, food industry, services, information & communications; Russian regional profile)
· Microeconomic situation (households, revenues and expenditures, administrative environment for doing business, formal and informal rules, risks, prices & tariffs, markets’ specifics)
· Evaluating Moscow car and retail industry according to Porter. Creative business development and its environment.
3.Course “Change Management: the Russian Approach” (6 contact hours)
Chief instructor Myelitonyan Olga
Organizations today are in a state of constant change as they adapt to new global realities. The ability to change, quickly and effectively, with committed and capable people, is the new strategic advantage. The course «Change Management: the Russian Approach» shall provide business professionals with the following knowledge and skills:
· Understanding why universally known recipes and approaches to introducing changes in organizations fail in many cases of Russian organizations;
· Understanding key patterns, forms and consequences of resistance to change in organizations;
· Ability to diagnose the readiness for changes in various types of Russian organizations;
· Ability to use practical tools of change management as well as models of managing changes in case of Russian organizations
4.Course“Government-Public Relations and Lobbying” (2 contact hours) Jointly with Russian Union of Industrialists and Entrepreneurs
5.Course “Legal Aspects of Doing Business in Russia”(6 contact hours)
Associate Professor Chekhovskaya Svetlana
· The legislative system in Russia: hierarchy of laws; regulations for business; legal conditions for foreign investors.
· Starting a business. Types of legal forms: legal entities, subsidiaries, branches and representative offices, joint activity agreements (Simple Partnerships).
· Legal entities. Most commonly used forms: Limited Liability Company (LLC, with the Russian abbreviation “ООО”) and Joint Stock Company (JSC, with the Russian abbreviation “АО”). The formal steps for establishing LLC and JSC. Costs to establish LLC and JSC. Advantages and disadvantages of each form. Licensing requirements.
· Subsidiary companies: regulatory framework, «parent» liability.
· Branches and representative office: registration process, tax status.
· Joint activity agreements (Simple Partnerships): management of the common affairs, liability of the partners, Silent Partnership.
· New legal forms for business in Russia: Commercial Partnerships and Investment Partnership.
TWO COMPANY VISITS
Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!